The services available initially at launch in Microsoft Azure are Aiven PostgreSQL, Aiven Redis, Aiven Elasticsearch, Aiven Kafka, Aiven InfluxDB and Aiven Grafana.
Microsoft Azure is a leading global cloud provider and what makes them special is their high number of data centers around the world, currently totaling 30+.
All Aiven services will be available in all generally available Azure regions, bringing nineteen new cloud regions to Aiven and setting the total number of supported data centers to 47, making us the cloud database provider with the widest geographic availability in the world!
The first batch of new cloud regions immediately available are from Azure North America and Europe. Azure Asia and South America regions will follow soon and will be available in the upcoming weeks.
Here's an updated world map showing our supported data center locations. The new Azure regions are the light blue ones:
Microsoft Azure provides numerous services from computing resources to higher level services like machine learning. See azure.microsoft.com for more information about their services.
The new Aiven regions that are immediately available are:
- United States
- Iowa - Azure: Central US
- Virginia - Azure: East US
- Virginia - Azure: East US 2
- Illinois - Azure: North Central US
- Texas - Azure: South Central US
- California - Azure: West US
- Washington - Azure: West US 2
- Wyoming - Azure: West Central US
- Ontario - Azure: Canada Central
- Quebec - Azure: Canada East
- Ireland - Azure: North Europe
- Netherlands - Azure: West Europe
- England - Azure: UK South
- Wales - Azure: UK West
- Hong Kong - Azure: East Asia (available in the coming weeks)
- Singapore - Azure: Southeast Asia (available in the coming weeks)
- Tokyo, Japan - Azure: Japan East (available in the coming weeks)
- Osaka, Japan - Azure: Japan West (available in the coming weeks)
- South America
- Brazil - Azure: Brazil South (available in the coming weeks)
All of the Aiven services offer worry-free fully automated DBaaS hosting, including offsite backups, automatic failure recovery and hardened security.
We will continue to expand our Database-as-a-Service offering in both cloud and region support and by adding more services. We are always looking for feedback on what to improve so feel free to let us know if you have ideas on what you'd love to see us support next.
Go to aiven.io to get started! Free $10 credits at registration, no credit card required. Services are billed by the hour.
Last but not least, we would like to thank all of our customers who participated in our beta testing phase!